“O’ ye who believe seek help with patience and prayers for God is with patient.” [Quran 2:153]
Happiness and joys never grow on trees. When the time hangs heavy and we are caught in the whirlpool of sorrow and slough of despair. Life seems like a tale full of fury which signifies nothing.
There comes many times when we want to sit back silently to cry away the anger and pain. When we shut our eyes to block reality, life still goes on. Without pausing for any one and without offering a rest spot for us.
Whenever this happens, be sure that ALLAH is taking your exam. Beautiful pictures from negatives are always made in a dark room.
When going gets tough, the tough gets going, you should remember the following verse from the glorious Qur’an:
Lose not heart nor fall in despair for you will gain mastery if you are true in faith. [Surah Al-imran : 139]
Pessimistic approach can only add more ‘damage’ to already what is done.
Never forget, being a muslim its our duty to give Thanks to Allah SWT in every condition. No matter what the circumstances are. And no matter how the days are going.
Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon him) said:
He who is safe in his home, healthy in his body, with enough provisions for the day, is like one who possesses every thing in the world [Al-Bukhari]
If you lose heart or fall in dismay then you are betraying Allah’s mercy and you are diwindling your faith.
And when your Lord proclaimed: If ye give thanks, I will give you more; but if ye are thankless, lo! My punishment is dire. [14:7]
Therefore remember Me, I will remember thou, and be grateful to Me and never be ungrateful” [2:152]
So just give thanks to Allah on what you are left. Situation could have been much worse.
1. Thanks to Allah for He has shown you the true path of Islam.
2. Thanks to Allah for He has blessed you with independent country.
3. Thanks to Allah for He has granted you parents.
4. Thanks to Allah for He has given you good health.
5. Thanks to Allah for He has blessed you with brothers and sisters.
6. Thanks to Allah for He has blessed you with sense of hearing and sight.
7. Thanks to Allah for He has granted you wisdom.
8. Thanks to Allah for He has created you normal.
9. Thanks to Allah for He has saved you from accident.
10. Thanks to Allah for He has blessed us with tasteful food.
11. Thanks to Allah for He has given you home for shelter.
12. Thanks to Allah for He has blessed you with job.
13. Thanks to Allah for He has granted you hands and feet.
14. Thanks to Allah for He has blessed you with children.
15. Thanks to Allah for He has saved you from deadly disease.
16. Thanks to Allah for He has granted you a happy family.
17. Thanks to Allah for He has saved you from the curse of begging.
18. Thanks to Allah for he has given you failure, so that you may learn from your mistakes.
The more we give thanks, the less hardship we will feel.
Always have perfect faith and trust in Allah:
And for him who fears Allah, He prepares a way out, and He provides for him from sources he never could expect. And whoever puts his trust in Allah, He will suffice him. For Allah will surely accomplish His purpose. Verily for all things has Allah appointed a due proportion[65:2]
Here’s a golden rule of HAPPINESS in the words of Allah’s messenger (Peace Be Upon Him):
Take advantage of five before five, your youth before your senility, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your leisure before your occupation and your life before your death. [Reported by Imam Ahmed, Baihaqi and Hakim]
Look at those inferior to you, and do not look at superior to you. Thereby, you would be able to appreciate better the benevolence of Allah bestowed upon you. [Al-Bukhari & Muslim]
A Part of our FAITH is – believing in the day of judgment and in divine justice. So why worry? If you find no way to fulfillment of justice, Believe in Allah He will reward you hereafter for sure. Where the faithful and guided believers enter into the eternal adobe of Bliss, where there shall be neither bitterness nor misery. Faith in this fact will give you complete consolation and relive you from suffering.
Lets be a humble winner and a cheerful loser.
RELATED ARTICLE: Coping with personal problems